The journey of Indigo + Fern began with a love for sustainable design which started with handmade textiles at first, and now has evolved to a service and education-based approach supporting the local community and beyond. In my opinion, there is no place more important than the home to be not only fabulous and functional, but also cozy, collected, and tell the story of YOU.
My design aesthetic would be best described as a healthy mix of both modern and vintage, with an eclectic, bohemian flair.
I am a sucker for rich colors, earthy elements, vintage pieces, copper kitchenware, and anything with fringe. Oh and plants, all the plants.You can often find me smelling old books at a local thrift store, foraging my yard for seasonal greenery, or painting something in my driveway.
Some fun facts about yours truly:
- I grew up dancing; from childhood, to being Captain of a state champion dance team in high school, and into adulthood as both a dance team coach and dancer for a semi-professional football team
- cooking + baking are my go-to pastimes, and I will eat basically anything that is put in front of me
- I am second generation Florida State alumni, where I received a BA in History + Education
- Bucket List: to be on Jeopardy, own a vintage Chevy Chevelle and write a cookbook
- I am obsessed with period books, films + TV shows, with my favorite era being Victorian England
Thank you so much for stopping by. Now, take off your shoes and stay awhile!